Weekly Market Report
- After some of the biggest intraday 6% swings in the market this week, the SPY closed down -3.07%. SPY closed at 357.63, below the June lows of 362.17, and below the 200 SMA of 359.15. That being said, we did close above the weekly low on Thursday morning of 348.11.
- Interest Rate Yields and the Dollar continued to rise.
- BTC: Still stuck in the 19,000 range, and trading below the 200 day SMA, but less volatile than the S&P500.
- Consumer Staples finished in the green, up 1.55%, while Consumer Discretionary lagged, -3.83%
- Rates continued to ascend, all up over 12 BPS.
- The VIX continues to trade over 30 at 32.02, up 5.40% for the week.
- On Thursday we received September core month over month CPI data (0.6%), and it was hotter than forecast. This seems to have sent the market waaaayyy down in the morning, then to the moon in the afternoon.
All rights reserved. Money Vikings, LLC is neither an investment or financial advisor. Money Vikings, LLC does not provide financial advice and none of the information being provided is to be seen as such. This is to include, but not limited to, any articles, videos and/or any other social media outlet presented by Money Vikings, LLC. All content is the opinions, beliefs, and personal strategies of the author(s) and owner(s) of Money Vikings, LLC (Greg, Jerry, and Bob). Money Vikings, LLC recommends that everyone do their own research, technical analysis, and develop their own conclusions, prior to initiating any trade activity supported by their own understanding, abilities, and risk tolerance. All trades carry inherent risk and proper risk management strategies should be used accordingly. Money Vikings, LLC does not guarantee results and is not liable in any way for losses incurred by any person or organization. Periodically, we may highlight services we are using and may receive compensation from their respective affiliate programs.